Home


Poison Plants For Dogs

by Jessica
(Oregon City,OR)

The Berries and Leaves of Nightshade are Toxic For Dogs

The Berries and Leaves of Nightshade are Toxic For Dogs

I have a corgi who may have eaten nightshade since it looks like tomatoes. What are the symptoms to look for if she did?


Editor Response to Dog Plant Poisoning with Nightshade

Hi Jessica,

As you know, nightshade is a dog poisonous plant. The wildflower has toxic leaves and berries. Symptoms of Nightshade poisoning in dogs includes vomiting, a painful abdomen, cramps, tremors, heart issues, breathing difficulty and kidney problems.

If your dog is exhibiting any of these symptoms, please consult with your veterinarian. The key to treatment is to act quickly in all cases of dog poisoning.

Best of Luck

Jeff
Editor
Dog Health Guide

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Poison.


Ask a Vet for Free 24/7