Table of Contents Dog Treat Recipes
Cake Recipes | Bagels | Brownies | Cookies | Muffins | Pupcakes | Share Your Recipe
There is no easier way to spoil or celebrate a dog than with cookie, brownie, bagel, muffin, and dog cake recipes. Enjoy these recipes for a dog birthday cake or other special occasion. Every one of these recipes is made with dog safe ingredients.
Shown: Wheat-Free Peanut Butter Dog Cake Mix and Frosting with Bone Pan. Under $20 from Amazon
Dog Cake Recipes
Apple Crunch Cake
This recipe is perfect when made using a bone shaped baking pan.
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup hot water
- 1 cup whole rolled oats
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup granola
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons carob powder divided
- 1/2 cup carob chips, unsweetened
- 1/4 teaspoon canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray and flour 9 inch square cake pan or desired mold shape such as a dog bone cake shape.
- Combine applesauce, water and rolled oats and let stand for fifteen minutes.
- Blend in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. (the consistency will be thick)
- Smooth and flatten batter using spatula. Bake cake until top is golden, about forty minutes.
- Cool for ten minutes.
- Cut around pan sides and remove.
- Cool cake completely on a cake rack before frosting.
Cake Frosting Directions:
- Beat vegetable shortening and cream cheese in a medium bowl until smooth.
- If making a dog bone cake, place 1/2 cup of mixture in a plastic sandwich bag.
- Blend 2 tablespoons carob powder into remainder of frosting until completely blended.
- Set aside 1/2 cup frosting.
- Spread remaining frosting over the cake, working down around sides.
- Combine carob chips and oil in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for one minute at 50 percent power (you are melting the chips, not cooking them)
- Remove from microwave and stir until smooth.
- Transfer to plastic sandwich bag and snip corner.
- Gently squeeze your dog's name onto cake.
- In small bowl, combine reserved frosting with 1 tablespoon carob powder.
- Place in sandwich bag and squeeze darker frosting along the top edges of the cake to create a border.
- Refrigerate cake at least one hour before serving.
Shown: Under $15 from Amazon
Dog Birthday Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 1 jar baby food, meat, beef, strained
- 4 eggs
- 2 strips beef jerky -- (2 to 3)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour an 8x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Cream butter until smooth.
- Add corn oil, baby food, and eggs.
- Mix until smooth.
- Mix dry ingredients into beef mixture until batter is smooth.
- Crumble beef jerky and fold into batter.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes. cool on wire rack 15 minutes.
- Ice with plain yogurt or cottage cheese.
- Store uneaten cake in refrigerator.
Apple Crunch Pupcakes
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 medium egg
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup apple, dried
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together water, applesauce, honey, egg, and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, apple chips, and baking powder.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until very well blended.
- Pour into greased muffin pans,
- Bake 1 1/4 hours, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry.
- Store in a sealed container.
Makes 12 to 14 Pupcakes
Dog Cookie Recipes
Baby Food Doggie Cookies
- 3 jars baby food, meat, beef, strained -- *see Note
- 1/4 cup cream of wheat -- *see Note
- 1/4 cup dry milk
- Combine ingredients in bowl and mix well.
- Roll into small balls and place on well-greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 15 min. until brown.
- Cool on wire racks and STORE IN REFRIGERATOR. Also freezes well.
NOTE: Carrot, Chicken or Beef baby food. substituting wheat germ for cream of wheat.
Canine Carrot Cookies
- 2 cups carrots -- boiled and pureed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons garlic -- minced
- 2 cups unbleached flour -- *see Note
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
*or rice flour or rye flour.
- Combine carrots, eggs and garlic.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Roll out on heavily floured surface and cut into bars or desired shapes.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes or to desired crunchiness. The centers will continue to harden as they cool.
- Brush with egg white before baking for a glossy finish.
Canine Cookies (makes about 36 - 2 1/2 inch biscuits)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered milk -- non-fat
- 1/3 cup bacon grease -- *see Note
- 1 egg -- lightly beaten
- 1 cup cold water
Note: Beef fat or Chicken fat can be used
- In a bowl, combine flour and milk powder.
- Drizzle with melted fat.
- Add egg and water; mix well.
- Gather dough into a ball.
- On floured surface, pat out dough.
- Roll out to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes. Gather up scraps of dough and repeat rolling and cutting. Bake on ungreased baking sheets in 350 degree oven for 50 - 60 minutes or until crispy.
Store in the fridge.
Dog Bagel Recipe
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup unbleached flour
1 package yeast -- 1/4 ounce 1 cup chicken broth -- warmed 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In large bowl combine the whole wheat flour with the yeast. Add 2/3 cup chicken broth and honey and beat for about 3 minutes. Gradually add the remaining flour. Knead the dough for a few minutes until smooth and moist, but not wet (use reserve broth as necessary).
- Cover the dough and let it rest for about 5 minutes. Divide the dough into about 15-20 pieces, rolling each piece into a smooth ball. Punch a hole into each ball with your finger or end of spoon and gently pull the dough so the hole is about an 1/2" wide. Don't be too fussy here, the little bagels rise into shape when they bake.
- Place all the bagels on a greased cookie sheet and allow to rise 5 minutes.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and allow the bagels to cool in the oven.
Dog Brownie Recipes
Barking Barley Brownies
- 1 1/4 pounds beef liver -- or chicken liver
- 2 cups wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 cup cooked barley
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt -- optional
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Liquefy liver and garlic clove in a blender, when its smooth add eggs and peanut butter. Blend till smooth.
- In separate mixing bowl combine wheat germ, whole wheat flour, and cooked Barley.
- Add processed liver mixture, olive oil and salt. Mix well. spread mixture in a greased 9x9 baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes or till done.
- When cool cut into pieces that acc
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup carob flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 ounces nonfat cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Cream shortening and honey together thoroughly.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Beat well.
- Bake in a greased cookie sheet (10x15") for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool completely.
- Blend together ingredients.
- Spread frosting over cool brownies.
Cut into 3 inch or 1-1/2 inch squares
Dog Muffin Recipe
Cheesy Carrot Muffins
Share Your Dog Treat Recipes and Pictures
Please help other pet parents by sharing your recipes (and pictures).